Engage employers as partners in a collaborative initiative. Identify clean/green-related jobs in Ventura County that will be in high demand with employers, offer a living wage, and provide career path opportunities through 2020 and beyond. Outline a plan for clean/green employers and providers of education/training to collaborate in the development of a ready, reliable, local talent pool. Identify an initial focus that is strategic, business demand-driven, and achievable.
Goal: The Clean/Green Working Group will develop a pipeline of skilled workers in clean/green occupations to address the workforce needs of employers, working in collaboration with business, economic development, education, labor, government, and community-based organizations. Focus areas:
• Energy Efficiency
• Natural and sustainable product manufacturing
• Renewable energy
• Water conservation
- Green Business Practices: Formed an Employer Awareness Workgroup to develop a green practices message that would raise awareness in the region.
- Water/Wastewater Jobs: Collaborated with the community colleges on a survey to identify the water/wastewater training and job opportunities in the region.
- Labor Apprenticeships: Coordinated with LiUNA to make apprenticeship training accessible through our WIOA Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL).
- Education/Training Inventory: Developed a draft inventory of the clean/green-related education and training programs available through the community colleges, adult schools and labor unions in Ventura County.
Additional Clean/Green Resources:
• Clean/Green Readiness Essential Skills Categories
• Clean/Green Readiness Hospitality Skills Categories
• Clean/Green Readiness Infrastructure Skills Categories
• Ventura County Clean/Green Occupational Employment Data Growth Projections