American Job Center of California
The two AJCC's in Ventura County provide easy access to employers for employee recruitment, workforce development, and business consulting information and services. AJCC staff also provide referrals to economic and community resources that support business development. Contact an AJCC employer representative at:
- West Oxnard- American Job Center of California
2901 N. Ventura Road 3rd floor
Oxnard, CA 93036
- East County - American Job Center of California
2900 Madera Road
Simi Valley, CA 93065
- Employer Services Information:
CalJOBS is a comprehensive employment services website, providing free online services for employers and job seekers. Resources are available to help employers recruit and screen candidates, learn about training options, and find information on regulations, labor law, competitive salaries and much more.
- Ventura County Grows Business
Ventura County Grows Business
Services through the Rapid Response program help businesses to avoid layoffs and closures, and assist with recovery. In addition, referrals are provided for no-fee/low-fee, one-on-one consulting with marketing, finance and management professionals who support companies of all sizes facing challenges.
- Strategic planning and growth
- Finances and cash flow
- Management and marketing
- Regulatory compliance
For information and confidential assistance, call 800-500-7705.
When there is a need for workforce reduction because of company restructuring, closure, or relocation, Rapid Response services are available at no cost to employers and workers.
What services businesses can expect from Rapid Response:
- Confidential consultation regarding business and workforce transition planning
- Information about alternatives that may help avoid or reduce reduction in the workforce
- Coordinated service delivery with other business support resources
- Transition workshops for workers
- Better worker morale and continued business productivity during the transition
What information workers can expect from Rapid Response:
- Workforce employment and training programs
- Unemployment Insurance eligibility and application steps
- Job seeker services available through America’s Job Center of California
- Access to job fairs and employer recruitments
- Referrals to other community-based vocational training
- Service delivery in English and Spanish
For more information on the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act, contact the State of California, Department of Labor at: https://www.doleta.gov/layoff/warn.cfm