The Healthcare Working Group develops plans to align allied health business leaders for development of a collaborative workforce pipeline and a ready, reliable, local talent pool. Work includes identification/commitment of WIOA and non-WIOA resources to help close pipeline gaps. Key partners for this committee are hospital and health care system representatives, community colleges, universities, K-adult education, and labor representatives.
Goal: The Healthcare Working Group will strive to create a diverse pipeline of workers to fill healthcare positions in Ventura County and will work to bring together partners in business, economic development, education, labor, government, and community-based organizations to address workforce shortages in healthcare.
• Clinical Lab Scientist: Completed and received approval for the CLA Field Experience Program Combined State application. Four hospitals collaborated with CSUCI to create a local program to meet workforce needs.
• Care Coordinator Certification: Actively participated in a California WDB-funded, two-region project with six Los Angeles workforce boards to develop a certification program for care coordinators in response to healthcare employer needs.
• A.S.N. to B.S.N. Transition: Continued to monitor and explore the Associate Degree Nursing to Bachelor of Science Nursing transition needs and challenges in the region.
Additional Healthcare Resources:
• Biomedical Device Certificate Information
• Biopharmaceuticals and Medical Devices in Southern California
• Healthcare Work Readiness Skills Categories
• Ventura County Healthcare Occupational Employment Data Growth Projections