Find the job and training resources for you

Finish High School

Dropped out? Got bored? But need or want to go back and get your diploma?

Having a high school diploma or GED is like having a key that unlocks doors—if you don’t have it, it will be a lot harder to get through the door! Decide here to make it happen—we promise you won’t regret it.


High School Equivalency

High School Proficiency

  • I Want To Get My High School Proficiency!
    California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE)
    • CHSPE is a test for students who need to verify high school level skills. In some cases, students take the test and leave high school early to work or to attend college.
    • People who are 16 years of age or older may take the test. Younger people who meet other criteria can also take the test. This test is given twice each year at many sites in California.
    • At the time the test is taken, the registrant must be either: (1) sixteen years of age; or (2) have completed one year of enrollment in grade ten; or (3) will have completed one year of enrollment in grade ten at the end of the semester during which the next exam is administered. There is no upper age limit to take the test.

Want to Return to High School?

  • I Dropped Out and Want to Return to High School, Can I Do That? It depends on your age, how long ago you dropped out, and state & local laws. Best bet would be to talk to your HS counselor and look at all your options, you have a few—including getting your HS Proficiency or HS Equivalency or your GED. If you are an adult (19+ years) consider Career Online High School (COHS) through the Ventura County Library.  It offers adults the opportunity to earn an accredited high school diploma and career certificate online.