Need More Help?

I want to be independent, but there are some missing parts, where do I start?

We know it’s hard to even think about a job when you need things like a roof over your head, or a hot meal or even how to get to work when you find a job. Here are a few resources for additional help—housing, health, transportation & food to name a few.

Let us help you! 

Goodwill Industries of Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties – (805) 981-0130
Fill out an interest form here: http://gwvsb.org/participant-survey/

  • Former Foster Youth & Healthcare
    Learn what healthcare benefits are available if you are a foster youth within six months of emancipation or you have turned 18 while still in foster care.
  • Emerging Adults, After 18, Healthcare
    Health coverage for former foster youth, click for guide and form to sign up.
  • Healthcare Programs for the Uninsured of Ventura County
    Need healthcare but you’re uninsured? Visit this site for programs, requirements and availability.
  • Medi-Cal
    Medi-Cal is California’s public health insurance program and provides needed health care services for low-income individuals, families with children, seniors, children in foster care, and pregnant women.
  • Ventura County Public Health Clinics
    Public health clinics provide services such as immunizations, children's dental care, pregnancy testing, TB skin testing and Sexual Transmitted Infection (STI) testing & treatment.
  • Children’s Health Promotion
    Provide developmental screenings, parent education, and health education services to children 0-5 years of age, their families and caregivers.

  • County of Ventura – CalFresh
    The CalFresh program, helps people who have little or no income to buy nutritious groceries.
  • Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
    WIC provides federally-funded temporary assistance for women who are pregnant, breastfeeding or have recently had a baby; and Infants and Children under five years of age.
  • Food Share Pantries
    Find free food or a meal for those in need via pantries, meal providers and/or farmer’s markets.
  • MANNA Conejo Valley
    Contact MANNA if you are in the Conejo Valley, hungry, and in need of direct food or grocery assistance.
  • Pet Retention Program
    Ventura County Animal Services (VCAS) provides a multitude of resources and assistance to help keep your beloved pet with you. VCAS offers low-cost vaccination clinics, pet food assistance, behavioral recommendations, and so much more.

  • CalWorks Ventura County
    The CalWORKs (California Work Opportunity & Responsibility to Kids) program provides cash assistance to families with children. Must meet eligibility requirements.
  • Ventura County Child Support Services
    Promoting the best interests and well-being of children and families by working to ensure that children receive adequate and appropriate support from both custodial and non-custodial parents.
  • Casa Pacifica – Transitional Youth Services
    Provides services to youth who have aged out of the foster care system but yet are still in need of various assistance.
  • Coalition for Family Harmony
    Provides victims of family violence with the means to help them escape their life of abuse.
  • El Concilio Family Services
    Provide direct assistance and educational programs to the underserved Latino Community. Primary services include immigration services and youth leadership and development.
  • Interface Youth Services – Crisis Outreach Program
    Are you a runaway, homeless or couch surfing youth, ages 12-21? Get assistance, guidance & support.
  • 211 Ventura County
    Provides links to available youth services in Ventura County, for example, youth programs, prevention & intervention and teen pregnancy.