Solutions for Ventura County Businesses
We help businesses gain a competitive edge by attracting and retaining untapped talent to drive diversity, inclusion and performance, all at no cost.
Our services for businesses include, but are not limited to:
- Sourcing and recruitment
- Job fairs
- On-the-job training subsidies
- Subsidized internships
- Information about Work Opportunity Tax Credits
- Human Resources Hotline
- Financial solutions for employee training
- No-cost webinars that can count towards HRCI hours
Free Human Resources Hotline - HR Advice on Demand
The Workforce Development Board of Ventura County has partnered with the California Employers Association to provide Ventura County businesses with a FREE HR HOTLINE!
Providing assistance with:
- Hiring & Firing Best Practices
- Paid Sick Leave Laws
- Wage & Hour Laws
- Employee Handbook Policies
- HR Compliance
- Accommodations in the Workplace…and much more!
Call today! 888-763-3174
Hotline Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Virtual Hiring Board
Our no cost Virtual Hiring Board is an ongoing place for employers and job seekers to match their needs.
- Job seekers and employers will have 24/7 access to jobs and candidates in the Ventura County area.
- Job seekers can upload resumes for employers to find them.
- Recruiters can have monthly live events to chat and interview job seekers.
Sign-up to get access now:
Let us contact you!
Please complete and submit this form and receive a response within 2 business days. If you need immediate assistance, please e-mail us at HSA-Info.WDB@ventura.org. Thank you!
CalJOBS is a comprehensive employment services website, providing free online services for employers and job seekers. Resources are available to help employers recruit and screen candidates, learn about training options, and find information on regulations, labor law, competitive salaries and much more.
Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act
For more information on the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act, contact the State of California, Department of Labor at: https://www.edd.ca.gov/Jobs_and_Training/Layoff_Services_WARN